Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Lovely Slovenija

 

Its been one week since I left Slovenia and the trip is still settling into my psyche somewhere. Its easy to remember all the positive experiences and in time I will likely forget the bad ones that werent character building. There is a song that Geoff Berner wrote titled, 'Light Enough to Travel'. It was covered by the Be Good Tanyas and I always thought it was in relation to your luggage. I think that keeping the decisions and thoughts that whirl through your mind when traveling light and easy might make more sense.
I became absorbed in decisions and outcomes and began to test the edges of decisions based on intuition and feeling as opposed to pre-determined plans. If you say 'sure' to anything and have no expectations very rarely will it result in regret but most of the time, most, it will lead you into a new direction that will reinforce a light and positive frame of mind.



Trying to sum up thoughts from the trip only a week after is a bit like forcing toothpaste back in the tube; its messy. Like my previous trip through South East Asia it wasnt until well after that the trip and the experiences caught up with me and it became more clear as to what the trip meant.
I do know that it is a beautiful country filled with friendly and generous people who would give you anything that they have and would be insulted if you didnt take it. I had no expectations for the trip so being there with space to be filled up on hospitality, good food, friendly people, fantastic wine, family, history and stunning scenery has added some weight to my memories and waistline. It will be a while before I digest everything, as is the case with traveling, but it wouldnt take much for me to head back and spend some more time getting to know a little more of the country as it feels like I only scratched the picturesque and friendly surface. Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment